Registrations for 2018 are now open (from 4th January)
Murdoch University Melville Football Club look forward to welcoming all players for the 2018 football season starting around March/April. Registrations and annual payments (fees) are now open and are administered through the third party "MyFootballClub" web site: https://www.playfootball.com.au/?id=157.
A few important things to remember:
- We are a big club with limited match and training pitch space. Last year we closed off many junior and Rooball memberships by March. We try not to turn players away but we advise you to register and pay early to secure your place and avoid any chance of disappointment
- Unless you have already trialled and been offered a place in one of the junior NPL (academy) teams – do not select this option in available packages: if you select NPL when you are not an NPL player – you will have to deregister and reregister again later.
- The registrar deals with 1500 registrations and does not know ANY details about who are the coaches, when the training nights are, etc. If you have any footballing or team allocation questions – check other parts of our website or contact one of the section VP's. If you have a problem with or question about the actual registration process or payment – the best way to reach the registrar is by e-mail ().
New to Football? Or from Overseas?
- If you are new to Football in Australia, you may have to spend 2 minutes generating a Football Federation Australia (FFA) number at the "MyFootballClub" web site. Your log-in password will be sent to you by e-mail.
- If you already play football but your last club was overseas – you may need to also obtain an international clearance before you can play matches. We recommend you contact the registrar () before registering to understand the process and what you will need to do.
- Returning players should use their existing FFA account. If you've forgotten your FFA number or password then you can search at https://live.myfootballclub.com.au/Signup/FFAMemberSignup.aspx
The age groups and years of birth for the 2018 season are as follows:
|Age Group||Year of Birth|
|2008 - 2013*|
* Rooball minimum enrollment age is 4 years, turning 5 this year - Born 2013
Again good news on Membership Fees:
In 2018 the fees will again be unchanged and any credit card fees that were levied by the "MyFootballClub Website" continue to be included (2.5% reduction compared with previous years). Additionally in 2018 the Club has absorbed the 2.1% increase in Football West fees in order to keep the fees at 2017 levels.
Fees for the 2018 season are as follows:
The most convenient way to pay is with a credit card online at the end of registration. If you do not have a credit card you could arrange for a friend or family member to assist you, or purchase a Load and Go from the Post Office.
Rebates for Volunteers
We continue to retain a contribution element to encourage member volunteer participation. A $50 rebate ($25 for Rooball) is offered per player (or parent) who offers to help in a few key team positions (coach / manager) or in a significant club-wide capacity (e.g. busy bees, kit sorting and distribution, match day marshalling). As a general rule, "significant" is estimated to be around 5 hours or more. Please indicate how you may be able to help during online registration.
For more information on our volunteer levy program, including how to claim back your levy, click here.
We welcome all Students from Murdoch University and other tertiary education establishments. A $100 fee reduction applies to tertiary level students (born in or before 1999) playing in non-State League teams (Socials or Amateurs). Your team manager will need to see your student ID and vouch for this. This concession rate does not apply to State League players, just social: Metro, Amateur and Social competitions.
Need financial assistance with registration fees?
KidSport will assist eligible families to receive up to $150* annually for each of their children aged 5 - 18 years, to subsidise fees to join a sport and recreation club. Eligible families include those with health care cards or pension concession card, or those referred by other community groups, such as schools, juvenile justice teams, government agencies and health practitioners. These groups are known as referral agents. To find out more about KidSport and/or to get a 'KidSport Application Form' contact your local government. If your LGA is not involved, please contact the Department of Sport and Recreation on 9492 9700. Or click on KidSport for more info.
In exceptional circumstances when Kidsport vouchers do not apply, and at the club's discretion, we also consider applications for phased cash payments or club supported scholarships (contact the Registrar).
KidSport recipients are required to pay the FFA / Football West contribution (approx. $50-100 depending on the players age), plus a portion of the Club fees.
For those who are 18 and over with a valid Health Care Card, MUMFC will offer a discount of $100 off their registration. Please scan and email a copy of current Health Care Card to the Registrar . This does not apply to State League teams.
For more information on fee assistance see: Financial Assistance
* Note that as of 1 January 2018, the total subsidy available per child per calendar year has been decreased from $200 to $150: https://www.dsr.wa.gov.au/funding/individuals/kidsport/applying-for-kidsport
Pensioners and Concession card holders (players over 60 years old or for those who are 18 and over with a valid Health Care Card) also can receive a $100 reduction on their fees. Please scan and email copy of current Health Care Card to the Registrar.
Training Only. Where players are accepted to train with a team but no space on match days is available, a training membership is offered (a significant proportion of these fees go directly to Football West for registration and player insurance).
Phased Payments. Sorry - but due to the failure of a significant number of players to fully complete phased payments in 2015, we have had to suspend this concession. No player can take to the field until they are fully paid-up.
Not playing for the whole Season?
Long term injuries or personal circumstances (beyond their control) may prevent players from making use of their membership through the complete season. The Club may at its discretion offer a proportionate fees reduction or refund. The general rules the Club tries to apply are as follows:
- The time out must be significant - around half the season (typically 8 to 10 weeks out of the normal 18 to 20).
- The fees reduction needs to consider fixed costs incurred across the whole season such as pre-season trials / training costs, Football West and Football Australia components and any personal kit offered (such as shorts and socks), the sum of which can in some circumstances be as much as $200.
Under the Football West regulations, inter-club transfers are possible until mid-season (often 1st July). If you have paid at any club, the Football West and Football Australia components will automatically be carried over (i.e. you should not be required to pay this twice). If you are transferring mid-season to MUMFC we will make a personal arrangement (either through a reduced manual / bank transfer payment or through a refund). We regret we cannot help with refunds from previous clubs. MUMFC may also offer partial refunds to players leaving to play at others clubs. This may however be dependent on costs or fees owing and the reasons for the transfer.
Due to limited ground availability, our number of active playing numbers will be limited (2015 membership was roughly 1350, 2016 was 1450). As we get closer to the start of the season (eg Feb/March) team places fill up and are capped: preference will be given to paid-up members (registering without payment is not enough). If you are not fully registered, paid up and your membership "accepted/activated" by the Registrar, then you will have no insurance cover, should not train, and cannot play in matches. To avoid disappointment, please register and pay early.
The Club tries to package gear and playing strips to fit the need. Every year all Junior and Senior active club members will receive playing socks through their team coach/manager. In 2018 playing shorts will be provided to all u10/u11 players, all mixed-Junior players, all men's and all new-to-the-club girls/ladies active players (shorts are provided every other year and were provided to girls/ladies in 2015). Rooball players will receive a complete playing strip. NPL and state league kit packages are provided as part of the section levy. Junior and Senior Match day jerseys are used for a number of years and remain the property of the club and need to be returned to the uniforms coordinator through your team manager at the end of the season.
Which Team and pre-season?
If you have any questions regarding teams, coaches, pre-season training or team selection / grading, please check the MUMFC web site or contact (if applicable) your coach or manager from 2017 or the age / section coordinator, also found at https://www.mumfc.com.au/contact-us
The Registrar cannot typically help you with these types of questions.
Remember - your registration is not complete until full payment has been received. When you have registered and paid online, the player status will remain "Pending Awaiting Approval" until the age coordinators have allocated the player to a team, and then your status will change to "Active".
For those wishing to pay off their fees, this must be done prior to playing games. MUMFC players must be fully financial prior to playing games. Player registrations will not be activated until all monies have been received.
Allocating Players to Teams
The club endeavours to make registration and team allocation as smooth as possible, processing 700 junior players into around 45 teams each with the right number of players. While the Academy / NPL teams are trialled and most places allocated in October, the remaining players are sorted into teams based on a combination of what the coaches / assessors know from the previous season. Depending on the requirement pre-season grading / sorting sessions may be held to evaluate new players and check on progress of returning payers. Adjustments may be made shortly afterwards if it is apparent that players have not been placed correctly. The club has a firm policy of "player before team" - trying to place players in the best team for their ability while trying to place players with friends where possible. Check the website or contact the age coordinators, or even your coach from last year to find out when any grading / sorting sessions might be held.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE REGISTRAR CANNOT HELP YOU WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT PRE-SEASON AND TEAM ALLOCATIONS.
Refunds and Withdrawals
If you have registered and paid but have decided to withdraw from football before the start of the season then this is the process to withdraw:
- Log back on to the "MyFootballClub" website using your FFA number and password. Click the box that says "de-register" and answer the question as to why.
- E-mail the registrar () so that the Club can know to accept the deregistration. We will send through a claims form for a refund to be managed through bank transfer by the Treasurer. The Club will try to offer a full refund for pre-season withdrawals minus a $10-$15 fee to cover Football West / My Football Club credit card costs plus of course costs for any club clothing already issued and used in pre-season.
- Once the season has commenced, the Football West fee (typically $60 to $150, depending on age group) is non-refundable from Football West and therefore cannot be passed on. Please refer to the following link: FFA Web Page
- Full refunds will be given if players have been accepted into the Club but for whatever reason cannot be placed in a team, or for players allocated to teams which fold pre-season for insufficient numbers or in the unlikely event that a parent, relative (or other) volunteer does not come forward to coach.
- No refunds are available after 30th June unless the player has an appropriate medical certificate.
All players playing in competitions u12s and up will require a photograph to be uploaded to complete their registration. You can upload a new photo using the MyFootballClub web site by clicking on the blue banner above. If you are requested to provide a photo for this purpose, the guidelines are as follows:
- A clear head photo of the player - see examples below (the one at the bottom right is preferred)
Should be relatively recent (within 3 years for Under 18 or 5-10 years for Over 18)
A Big Deal!
Please remember the Registrar and Treasurer are both just Club volunteers with families and jobs. Coordinating registration and payments is a big job for us from January to April. Please help us by being prompt and careful and be nice to us when we make mistakes!